Tom Cruise Joins Vkontakte, Popular Russian Social Networking Site
8:28 pm, March 22nd, 2013
Tom Cruise is expanding his social media presence — in Russia.
Already a member of Twitter, the movie star has joined the popular Russian social networking site Vkontakte.
Cruise is the first Hollywood star to set up a page on the platform, which is several times more frequented by Russians than other social sites like Facebook.
The actor has racked up more than 40,000 followers on VK.com already, and his team posted expressing their gratitude, even calling out some fans by name.
“Thank you Gulnaz, Kristinka, Dmitry, Kirill, Alexander, Viktor, Nia, Viktoria, Vyacheslav , Vadim and everyone else, thank you for the warm reception and VK tips!” said a message posted Friday morning U.S. time.
Later that night, his camp wrote, “Guys, its incredible of you to send us so many gifts and share such kindness…thank you! -TeamTC.”
Cruise’s film Oblivion opens in Russia on April 11, two weeks before hitting theaters in the U.S.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Troublemaking Brandi Glanville Complains About Housewife Fans Hating Her
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- Which Celebrity Gives Back The Most?
- Cameron Diaz Gets Honest About Her Bad Skin