Tom Cruise Joins Vkontakte, Popular Russian Social Networking Site
8:28 pm, March 22nd, 2013
Tom Cruise is expanding his social media presence — in Russia.
Already a member of Twitter, the movie star has joined the popular Russian social networking site Vkontakte.
Cruise is the first Hollywood star to set up a page on the platform, which is several times more frequented by Russians than other social sites like Facebook.
The actor has racked up more than 40,000 followers on VK.com already, and his team posted expressing their gratitude, even calling out some fans by name.
“Thank you Gulnaz, Kristinka, Dmitry, Kirill, Alexander, Viktor, Nia, Viktoria, Vyacheslav , Vadim and everyone else, thank you for the warm reception and VK tips!” said a message posted Friday morning U.S. time.
Later that night, his camp wrote, “Guys, its incredible of you to send us so many gifts and share such kindness…thank you! -TeamTC.”
Cruise’s film Oblivion opens in Russia on April 11, two weeks before hitting theaters in the U.S.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Nick Cannon Impostor Pulls Off Jewelry Heist
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves