Tom Cruise Latest “Swatting” Prank Victim
4:30 pm, January 17th, 2013
Tom Cruise is reportedly the latest victim of a “swatting” prank, in which someone places a bogus 911 call to trigger an response from law enforcement.
Police swarmed the actor’s Beverly Hills property on Thursday after the newest hoax but found no actual emergency or in-progress crime, according to TMZ.
It’s not known who perpetrated the prank.
Last month, a juvenile was arrested for allegedly committing similar “swatting” crimes involving Justin Bieber and Ashton Kutcher’s homes.
“Swatting” calls put the public in harm’s way, requiring first responders to divert their attention and resources away from legitimate emergencies.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank