Tom Cruise Latest “Swatting” Prank Victim
4:30 pm, January 17th, 2013
Tom Cruise is reportedly the latest victim of a “swatting” prank, in which someone places a bogus 911 call to trigger an response from law enforcement.
Police swarmed the actor’s Beverly Hills property on Thursday after the newest hoax but found no actual emergency or in-progress crime, according to TMZ.
It’s not known who perpetrated the prank.
Last month, a juvenile was arrested for allegedly committing similar “swatting” crimes involving Justin Bieber and Ashton Kutcher’s homes.
“Swatting” calls put the public in harm’s way, requiring first responders to divert their attention and resources away from legitimate emergencies.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kristen Stewart & Rob Pattinson: 100% Together, Possibly Eloping?!
- Another Star Of 'The Hills' Gets Engaged!
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Hugh Jackman Opens Up About Cancer Scare
- Why Did Chris Brown Leave Rehab Already?