Tom Cruise Suing Life & Style for $50 Million for Claiming He Abandoned Suri
2:21 pm, October 24th, 2012
Tom Cruise is suing Life & Style for $50 million after the tabloid claimed the actor had abandoned his daughter Suri.
The lawsuit was filed in Los Angeles on Wednesday.
“Tom is a caring father who dearly loves Suri,” Cruise’s attorney Bert Fields said in a statement. “She’s a vital part of his life and always will be. To say he has ‘abandoned’ her is a vicious lie. To say it in lurid headlines with a tearful picture of Suri is reprehensible.”
Fields continues, “Tom doesn’t go around suing people. He’s not a litigious guy. But when these sleaze peddlers try to make money with disgusting lies about his relationship with his child, you bet he’s going to sue.”
“These serial defamers are foreign owned companies with their global headquarters in Hamburg,” the lawyer says of Life & Style’s owners. “They take money from unsuspecting Americans by selling their malicious garbage. Having to pay a libel judgment may slow them down. Tom will undoubtedly give the money to charity. He always has.”
As Gossip Cop reported, Fields first slammed Life & Style’s spurious claims back in July.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents