Tom Cruise Suing Life & Style for $50 Million for Claiming He Abandoned Suri
2:21 pm, October 24th, 2012
Tom Cruise is suing Life & Style for $50 million after the tabloid claimed the actor had abandoned his daughter Suri.
The lawsuit was filed in Los Angeles on Wednesday.
“Tom is a caring father who dearly loves Suri,” Cruise’s attorney Bert Fields said in a statement. “She’s a vital part of his life and always will be. To say he has ‘abandoned’ her is a vicious lie. To say it in lurid headlines with a tearful picture of Suri is reprehensible.”
Fields continues, “Tom doesn’t go around suing people. He’s not a litigious guy. But when these sleaze peddlers try to make money with disgusting lies about his relationship with his child, you bet he’s going to sue.”
“These serial defamers are foreign owned companies with their global headquarters in Hamburg,” the lawyer says of Life & Style’s owners. “They take money from unsuspecting Americans by selling their malicious garbage. Having to pay a libel judgment may slow them down. Tom will undoubtedly give the money to charity. He always has.”
As Gossip Cop reported, Fields first slammed Life & Style’s spurious claims back in July.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship