Tom Cruise Demands Info on Life & Style Sources and “Bigotry” in $50 Million Suit
11:46 am, February 15th, 2013
As Gossip Cop previously reported, the actor slapped the tabloid with a $50 million lawsuit in October after it published a July cover story falsely claiming he “abandoned” daughter Suri.
Now both sides are trying to uncover potentially damaging information about the other, with Cruise wanting to know the identity of Life & Style’s sources, and the magazine requesting personal details about his divorce from Katie Holmes, such as how often he was in contact with their daughter after the breakup.
Life & Style’s parent company, Bauer Media, is also seeking info regarding Cruise’s visitation schedule with Suri, whether Scientology played a role in the agreement, and Suri’s “mental and emotional state” following her parents’ split.
Meanwhile, Cruise’s team of lawyers is asking for material on “Bauer’s policies and practices with respect to obtaining information, paying for sources, verifying the credibility of sources with whom the writers and editors haven’t spoken.”
The movie star also requested details on Bauer’s alleged “history of bigotry and hatred toward minority religious groups and their members,” which comes on the heels of a report that the company also publishes neo-Nazi publications.
If the case goes to trial, it is expected to last about five days, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Gossip Cop will continue to follow the case.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- 14 Stars With Sketchy Pre-Fame Pasts
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate