Tom Cruise Demands Info on Life & Style Sources and “Bigotry” in $50 Million Suit
11:46 am, February 15th, 2013
As Gossip Cop previously reported, the actor slapped the tabloid with a $50 million lawsuit in October after it published a July cover story falsely claiming he “abandoned” daughter Suri.
Now both sides are trying to uncover potentially damaging information about the other, with Cruise wanting to know the identity of Life & Style’s sources, and the magazine requesting personal details about his divorce from Katie Holmes, such as how often he was in contact with their daughter after the breakup.
Life & Style’s parent company, Bauer Media, is also seeking info regarding Cruise’s visitation schedule with Suri, whether Scientology played a role in the agreement, and Suri’s “mental and emotional state” following her parents’ split.
Meanwhile, Cruise’s team of lawyers is asking for material on “Bauer’s policies and practices with respect to obtaining information, paying for sources, verifying the credibility of sources with whom the writers and editors haven’t spoken.”
The movie star also requested details on Bauer’s alleged “history of bigotry and hatred toward minority religious groups and their members,” which comes on the heels of a report that the company also publishes neo-Nazi publications.
If the case goes to trial, it is expected to last about five days, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Gossip Cop will continue to follow the case.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Prince William And Kate Middleton Celebrate Anniversary
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- Selena At Bieber's House For Hookup?
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair