Tom Cruise Demands Info on Life & Style Sources and “Bigotry” in $50 Million Suit
11:46 am, February 15th, 2013
As Gossip Cop previously reported, the actor slapped the tabloid with a $50 million lawsuit in October after it published a July cover story falsely claiming he “abandoned” daughter Suri.
Now both sides are trying to uncover potentially damaging information about the other, with Cruise wanting to know the identity of Life & Style’s sources, and the magazine requesting personal details about his divorce from Katie Holmes, such as how often he was in contact with their daughter after the breakup.
Life & Style’s parent company, Bauer Media, is also seeking info regarding Cruise’s visitation schedule with Suri, whether Scientology played a role in the agreement, and Suri’s “mental and emotional state” following her parents’ split.
Meanwhile, Cruise’s team of lawyers is asking for material on “Bauer’s policies and practices with respect to obtaining information, paying for sources, verifying the credibility of sources with whom the writers and editors haven’t spoken.”
The movie star also requested details on Bauer’s alleged “history of bigotry and hatred toward minority religious groups and their members,” which comes on the heels of a report that the company also publishes neo-Nazi publications.
If the case goes to trial, it is expected to last about five days, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Gossip Cop will continue to follow the case.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss