Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Reach Divorce Settlement
12:31 pm, July 9th, 2012
Holmes’ lawyer Jonathan Wolfe tells Gossip Cop in a statement, “This case has been settled and the agreement has been signed. We are thrilled for Katie and her family and are excited to watch as she embarks on the next chapter of her life.”
Wolfe adds, “We thank Tom’s counsel for their professionalism and diligence that helped bring about this speedy resolution.”
Cruise and Holmes also issued a joint statement, which reads, “We are committed to working together as parents to accomplish what is in our daughter Suri’s best interests.”
“We want to keep matters affecting our family private and express our respect for each other’s commitment to each of our respective beliefs and support each other’s roles as parents,” add Cruise and Holmes.
While lawyers for the former couple are keeping details about the agreement confidential, it’s been widely reported that Suri will reside primarily with Holmes under the new custody arrangement, with Cruise given generous visitation rights.
Holmes was also reportedly granted primary legal custody of Suri.
She and daughter Suri have since moved into a new apartment in New York.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court