Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Reach Divorce Settlement
12:31 pm, July 9th, 2012
Holmes’ lawyer Jonathan Wolfe tells Gossip Cop in a statement, “This case has been settled and the agreement has been signed. We are thrilled for Katie and her family and are excited to watch as she embarks on the next chapter of her life.”
Wolfe adds, “We thank Tom’s counsel for their professionalism and diligence that helped bring about this speedy resolution.”
Cruise and Holmes also issued a joint statement, which reads, “We are committed to working together as parents to accomplish what is in our daughter Suri’s best interests.”
“We want to keep matters affecting our family private and express our respect for each other’s commitment to each of our respective beliefs and support each other’s roles as parents,” add Cruise and Holmes.
While lawyers for the former couple are keeping details about the agreement confidential, it’s been widely reported that Suri will reside primarily with Holmes under the new custody arrangement, with Cruise given generous visitation rights.
Holmes was also reportedly granted primary legal custody of Suri.
She and daughter Suri have since moved into a new apartment in New York.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Selena Never Focused On Jelena Attention
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- Shirtless One Direction Members Announce Tour
- Hotties to Notties: Stars Who Lost Their Mojo
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction