CLAIM: Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes to Skip Oscars Because of Anne Hathaway
4:11 pm, January 10th, 2011
“Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes may boycott next month’s Oscars ceremony because they don’t want an awkward red carpet confrontation with the host, Anne Hathaway,” begins a story in the Daily Mail that got picked up by numerous outlets.
According to the tab, the couple is upset over a “Saturday Night Live” sketch from November in which Hathaway did a cutting impression of Holmes.
“The whole thing has left a sour taste with Tom,” a so-called “source” tells the Daily Mail.
As a result, says the source, “Tom and Katie don’t want to have to cross paths with Anne” at the Academy Awards.
Completely “ridiculous,” says a source close to the couple, who explains that “no one knows,” at this point, who will and won’t be at the Oscars because “nominations haven’t been announced” – and, to an extent, it’s the nominations “which dictate the presenters.”
Gossip Cop‘s impeccable source adds if Cruise isn’t at the Academy Awards, it’s because ”he is shooting a film that has to wrap,” and not because of an SNL skit.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Troublemaking Brandi Glanville Complains About Housewife Fans Hating Her
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- Which Celebrity Gives Back The Most?
- Cameron Diaz Gets Honest About Her Bad Skin