CLAIM: Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes to Skip Oscars Because of Anne Hathaway
4:11 pm, January 10th, 2011
“Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes may boycott next month’s Oscars ceremony because they don’t want an awkward red carpet confrontation with the host, Anne Hathaway,” begins a story in the Daily Mail that got picked up by numerous outlets.
According to the tab, the couple is upset over a “Saturday Night Live” sketch from November in which Hathaway did a cutting impression of Holmes.
“The whole thing has left a sour taste with Tom,” a so-called “source” tells the Daily Mail.
As a result, says the source, “Tom and Katie don’t want to have to cross paths with Anne” at the Academy Awards.
Completely “ridiculous,” says a source close to the couple, who explains that “no one knows,” at this point, who will and won’t be at the Oscars because “nominations haven’t been announced” – and, to an extent, it’s the nominations “which dictate the presenters.”
Gossip Cop‘s impeccable source adds if Cruise isn’t at the Academy Awards, it’s because ”he is shooting a film that has to wrap,” and not because of an SNL skit.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- The Top 15 Messiest Celebrity Family Feuds
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?