Tom Cruise Jack Reacher Premiere Postponed Due to Connecticut Shooting
10:30 pm, December 14th, 2012
Tom Cruise’s Jack Reacher premiere in Pittsburgh, originally scheduled for Saturday night, has been postponed.
In a statement, Paramount Pictures cites Friday morning’s tragic massacre at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut as the reason for the delay.
“Due to the terrible tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut, and out of honor and respect for the families of the victims whose lives were senselessly taken, we are postponing tomorrow’s Pittsburgh premiere of Jack Reacher,” the film company says, adding, “Our hearts go out to all those who lost loved ones.”
The movie, based on the Lee Child novel One Shot, is about a former military police officer who is recruited by an alleged sniper to help prove his innocence.
There is no word yet when the premiere will be rescheduled.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter.
Like us on Facebook.
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship