Tom Cruise Jack Reacher Premiere Postponed Due to Connecticut Shooting
10:30 pm, December 14th, 2012
Tom Cruise’s Jack Reacher premiere in Pittsburgh, originally scheduled for Saturday night, has been postponed.
In a statement, Paramount Pictures cites Friday morning’s tragic massacre at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut as the reason for the delay.
“Due to the terrible tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut, and out of honor and respect for the families of the victims whose lives were senselessly taken, we are postponing tomorrow’s Pittsburgh premiere of Jack Reacher,” the film company says, adding, “Our hearts go out to all those who lost loved ones.”
The movie, based on the Lee Child novel One Shot, is about a former military police officer who is recruited by an alleged sniper to help prove his innocence.
There is no word yet when the premiere will be rescheduled.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter.
Like us on Facebook.
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank