Did Tom Cruise Break Silence on Katie Holmes Divorce?
1:11 pm, April 9th, 2013
Speaking with German TV outlet ProSieben, the Oblivion star was quoted as saying of Holmes’ decision to file for divorce, “I did not expect that.”
Cruise allegedly added that the breakup gave him “an incredible amount of time to reflect.”
Holmes ended the couple’s marriage shortly before Cruise’s 50th birthday last summer.
“Life is a challenge,” says the actor. “To be 50 and have experiences and think you have everything under control, and then it hits you — that’s what life is… Life is tragicomic. You need a certain sense of humor.”
However, Gossip Cop has learned that many of Cruise’s comments were taken out of context and were actually answers to questions having nothing to do with anything but his professional life.
A rep tells us much of what’s circulating from the interview was “made up.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet