OK! Magazine Fabricates Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise Reunion
2:27 pm, July 3rd, 2012
This is a HUGELY embarrassing mess-up, even by OK! magazine’s standards.
OK! reports that the duo enjoyed some “just-us-girls time” in the Big Apple that day, stopping by Chelsea Piers and Whole Foods, and also catching a screening of Brave in the East Village.
So far, so good.
But here’s how OK! ends its caption: “The pair rejoined Tom for his 50th birthday on July 3.”
First of all, this issue was on newsstands on July 2 — and printed before that — meaning OK! outright fabricated what “happened” on July 3 long before July 3.
Moreover, OK! magazine is so bad at reporting celebrity news, it didn’t even bother to correct the item when Cruise and Holmes’ divorce became the biggest story in weeks.
Cruise and Holmes are obviously not with each other to celebrate his milestone 50th birthday today.
OK! just got caught (1) inventing a future story while being (2) dead wrong about the present.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents