Tom Brokaw Reveals Cancer Battle
6:45 pm, February 11th, 2014
Tom Brokaw is battling cancer.
The veteran broadcaster revealed the news on Monday, sharing that he was diagnosed with multiple myeloma last August.
Multiple myeloma affects the blood cells in bone marrow.
Brokaw says in a statement:
With the exceptional support of my family, medical team and friends, I am very optimistic about the future and look forward to continuing my life, my work and adventures still to come.
I remain the luckiest guy I know.
I am very grateful for the interest in my condition but I also hope everyone understands I wish to keep this a private matter.
Brokaw has been with NBC News since 1966.
Gossip Cop wishes him a speedy and full recovery.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank