Tom Brokaw Reveals Cancer Battle
6:45 pm, February 11th, 2014
Tom Brokaw is battling cancer.
The veteran broadcaster revealed the news on Monday, sharing that he was diagnosed with multiple myeloma last August.
Multiple myeloma affects the blood cells in bone marrow.
Brokaw says in a statement:
With the exceptional support of my family, medical team and friends, I am very optimistic about the future and look forward to continuing my life, my work and adventures still to come.
I remain the luckiest guy I know.
I am very grateful for the interest in my condition but I also hope everyone understands I wish to keep this a private matter.
Brokaw has been with NBC News since 1966.
Gossip Cop wishes him a speedy and full recovery.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 14 Broken Hollywood Engagements
- Paris Hilton Tweets Nasty Article Bashing Kim Kardashian
- Porsha Williams Hits The Club After Posting Bail
- Cold Feet? Brandy Ditches Her Fiance
- Kelly Rowland's Intimate Wedding Details: Beyonce's Not Invited!
- Celebrities You Never Knew Were Cheerleaders
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014