TMZ gets clubbed in Miley Cyrus story
3:38 pm, December 5th, 2009
“Miley Cyrus doesn’t hear the word ‘no’ very often — but TMZ has learned that’s exactly what she heard when she tried to get into a club in Miami Beach Wednesday night,” reports the three-lettered site.
In an “exclusive,” TMZ claims to have spoken to “multiple people connected to the 21-and-over Club LIV at the Fontainebleau hotel,” where Cyrus allegedly attempted to get in. According to the site, “They all told us Miley was turned away at the door because she obviously didn’t meet the age requirement.”
Trying to party at an adults’ club in Miami? Really?
Cyrus’s rep told Gossip Cop, “There’s no truth to this TMZ story… She stayed at the hotel but was nowhere near the nightclub. She had a concert that night [and] then returned to her room.”
Granted, that’s Cyrus’ publicist’s side.
So Gossip Cop reached out the Club LIV, who one could argue would want press coverage for not being blinded by Cyrus’ star power and adhering instead to the law.
Bad news for TMZ. We’re not sure who they contacted, but a rep for the club similarly told us, “There’s no truth” to her attempting to get into the Miami hotspot.
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?