T.J. Lavin Battling Pneumonia
10:27 am, October 20th, 2010
T.J. Lavin has caught pneunomia due to the breathing tube aiding him in his medically induced coma.
Apart from that, however, the BMX rider is coming along well after his crash last week.
“Doctors are not expecting any [brain damage], but we’re just not going to know until he wakes up if there is any loss or how bad it is going to be,” Lavin’s friend and business manager Chas Aday told People.
Doctors are hoping to remove the breathing tube and have the pneumonia treated by the weekend.
Aday says that once the docs remove the tube, “He could be home two, three, maybe four days later… They don’t know. It could be a week. It could be two weeks. It really depends on the antibiotics.”
Overall, adds Aday, the MTV host is “responding well… He’s squeezing our hands, so he’s responding appropriately… He is coherent, but not fully awake. He’s following simple commands.”
BMX athlete Anthony Napolitan, who has been at Lavin’s bedside, is also positive: “He’ll pull through, for sure, and I guarantee you he’ll be back riding on the bike again.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Is Miley's Outfit Too Much?
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks