T.J. Lavin Battling Pneumonia
10:27 am, October 20th, 2010
T.J. Lavin has caught pneunomia due to the breathing tube aiding him in his medically induced coma.
Apart from that, however, the BMX rider is coming along well after his crash last week.
“Doctors are not expecting any [brain damage], but we’re just not going to know until he wakes up if there is any loss or how bad it is going to be,” Lavin’s friend and business manager Chas Aday told People.
Doctors are hoping to remove the breathing tube and have the pneumonia treated by the weekend.
Aday says that once the docs remove the tube, “He could be home two, three, maybe four days later… They don’t know. It could be a week. It could be two weeks. It really depends on the antibiotics.”
Overall, adds Aday, the MTV host is “responding well… He’s squeezing our hands, so he’s responding appropriately… He is coherent, but not fully awake. He’s following simple commands.”
BMX athlete Anthony Napolitan, who has been at Lavin’s bedside, is also positive: “He’ll pull through, for sure, and I guarantee you he’ll be back riding on the bike again.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- Nelson Mandela Passes Away At Age 95
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- Mila Kunis Does Bridesmaid Duty For Her Brother
- Who's Ashanti's New NFL Baller Boyfriend?
- Lea Michele Says Co-Stars And Family Helped Her During Difficult Time
- Eminem Calls Out Khloe Kardashian