Rapper Tinie Tempah Buys Nike ‘Back to the Future’ Sneakers for $37,500
1:39 pm, September 9th, 2011
British rapper Tinie Tempah bought the first pair of Marty McFly’s futuristic Nike Air Mag sneakers for $37,500 at auction last night in Los Angeles.
Nike is selling 1,500 pairs of the special shoes (as seen in Back to the Future II‘s version of 2015) to benefit Michael J. Fox‘s foundation.
As Fox told David Letterman during a “Late Show” appearance promoting the fundraiser (video below), the insanely cool item “brings together three populations of major Joneses – the sneaker-heads, the Back to the Future people… and the people in the Parkinson’s community who have an interest in research.”
Meanwhile, shoe lover Tempah just scored himself some pretty slick kicks.
Would you want a pair of the “McFlys”?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Child Stars Turned Child Brides
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Who's Ashanti's New NFL Baller Boyfriend?