Injured Stuttering Army Vet Tim Poe Wows With Singing on America’s Got Talent
9:27 pm, June 4th, 2012VIDEO
The “America’s Got Talent” judges and audience were blown away by Tim Poe, who served in the Army until he was injured in 2009 in Afghanistan, leaving him with a brain injury — and stutter.
Poe explained that he got hit by a grenade, trying to save his fellow soldiers, and that singing has helped him with his stammer and getting through the tough times.
Although he stuttered a lot while telling his story, Poe’s singing of Garth Brooks’ “If Tomorrow Never Comes” was fluid and beautiful.
He received a standing ovation from the judges and entire audience.
Howie Mandel said, “Everything about you is amazing,” and called him a “phenomenal talent.”
Howard Stern first thanked him for his service, and noted he was “moved by [Poe's] performance.”
And Sharon Obsourne remarked, “You have a really rich beautiful tone to your voice.”
Check out video of Poe’s performance below, and tell us what you think.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Why Does Shailene Woodley Think Twilight is "Toxic?"
- Harry Styles Takes His Womanizing Ways to the Next Level
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Troublemaking Brandi Glanville Complains About Housewife Fans Hating Her
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z