Injured Stuttering Army Vet Tim Poe Wows With Singing on America’s Got Talent
9:27 pm, June 4th, 2012VIDEO
The “America’s Got Talent” judges and audience were blown away by Tim Poe, who served in the Army until he was injured in 2009 in Afghanistan, leaving him with a brain injury — and stutter.
Poe explained that he got hit by a grenade, trying to save his fellow soldiers, and that singing has helped him with his stammer and getting through the tough times.
Although he stuttered a lot while telling his story, Poe’s singing of Garth Brooks’ “If Tomorrow Never Comes” was fluid and beautiful.
He received a standing ovation from the judges and entire audience.
Howie Mandel said, “Everything about you is amazing,” and called him a “phenomenal talent.”
Howard Stern first thanked him for his service, and noted he was “moved by [Poe's] performance.”
And Sharon Obsourne remarked, “You have a really rich beautiful tone to your voice.”
Check out video of Poe’s performance below, and tell us what you think.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting