Paula Deen Extortionist Sentenced to Jail
5:30 pm, September 16th, 2013
According to the FBI, Paculis contacted the kitchen celebrity’s camp back in June and demanded a quarter million dollars, threatening to release “true and damning” statements allegedly made by Deen.
After Deen’s attorney contacted federal officials in Atlanta, Paculis was taken into custody in New York, charged with two counts of extortion.
He subsequently struck a plea deal with prosecutors, agreeing to plead guilty to one of the counts.
On Monday, Paculis was sentenced to two years in prison, one year of supervised release, and 40 hours of community service.
According to TMZ, the court also ordered him to attend substance abuse counseling.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank