The Voice Announces “Instant Save” for Results Shows, Makes Twitter TV History
7:55 pm, November 8th, 2013
“The Voice” will have a new history-making feature on its results shows beginning next week: the “instant save.”
On Friday, NBC announced that during the next four weeks, viewers will get to save one of the bottom-three vote-getters through Twitter.
Towards the end of each episode, audience members at home will have a five-minute window to tweet which of the contestants in jeopardy they want to stay with the hashtag “#VoiceSave.”
The aspiring singer with the most Twitter votes will then be rescued from potential elimination.
NBC reality exec Paul Telegdy tells USA Today, “People have a last chance to realize, ‘I love that person. I don’t want them to go home. That kind of last chance to save a favorite is something the audience has been telling us they want, so we’re giving it to them.”
And Twitter says this will be the first time tweets will be used to determine a live outcome on a reality competition series.
“Nobody has ever handed the reins over to the audience before and said, ‘You get the choice, you have the power,” says Fred Graver, who oversees TV for the social media site.
He adds, “It’s a huge innovation.”
As Gossip Cop reported, the Top 12 for season 5 was unveiled on Thursday’s special results show.
What do you think of “The Voice” and Twitter’s new results show twist?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents