Queen Latifah Launching New Singing Show The Star Next Door on CW
7:14 pm, March 5th, 2012
The CW is entering the music competition series fray with “The Star Next Door,” being executive produced by singer-actress Queen Latifah.
So how will “The Star Next Door” be different from “American Idol,” “The Voice,” and all the others out there?
Unlike those series, which hold auditions for thousands of aspiring singers, “The Star Next Door” will have its celebrity mentors, including Gloria Estefan and John Rich, “travel to where the talent is, immersing themselves in the lives and towns of these local performers and preparing them for the chance to represent their home city on stage, live, in front of America,” says the network.
More celebrity mentors will be revealed in the coming months.
“The Star Next Door” is set to premiere this summer.
What do you think about another music competition series entering the mix?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?