Dwayne Johnson Knew About Osama bin Laden’s Death Before Anyone Else?
2:46 pm, May 2nd, 2011
The Fast Five star was already enjoying a record weekend at the box office when, at 10:24 p.m. ET last night, Johnson tweeted, “Just got word that will shock the world – Land of the free… home of the brave DAMN PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!”
What’s interesting about Johnson’s excited tweet is that it came roughly 45 minutes before news confirming bin Laden’s death began leaking to media outlets.
While online sources were obviously speculating about the reason for President Obama‘s last-minute speech long before he took the podium, Johnson’s 10:24 p.m. note seems to have popped up shortly before journalists and other “people in the know” started spreading the Osama shocker.
Of course, it’s possible Johnson, as his “Saturday Night Live” character The Rock Obama, gets special security and intelligence briefings every day.
In any case, he sped past everyone else this weekend, both at multiplexes and in the news cycle.
Oh, and in case you were wondering whether The Rock’s roll will continue – today is his birthday.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!