The Lorax Crushes Box Office Competition
10:00 am, March 4th, 2012BOX OFFICE
The Lorax easily beat the competition in its first week at the box office.
The animated Dr. Seuss adaptation, featuring the voices of Zac Efron, Taylor Swift and Danny DeVito, took in an astounding $70.7 million.
Coming in a very distant second was Project X, the R-rated comedy about a wild high school house party. It earned $20.8 million.
Nabbing third place was Act of Valor, with $13.7 million.
Safe House and Tyler Perry’s Good Deeds took fourth and fifth places, with $7.2 million and $7 million, respectively.
Rounding out the Top 10 were Journey ($6.9 million), The Vow ($6.1 million), This Means War ($5.6 million), Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance ($4.7 million), and The Artist ($3.9 million).
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Another Star Of 'The Hills' Gets Engaged!
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Kim Kardashian Shares New Photo of North West
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- Are Eminem & His Ex-Wife Back Together?
- What Rapper Is Father To These Sweet Siblings?
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?