The Lorax Tramples John Carter
1:30 am, March 11th, 2012BOX OFFICE
The Lorax has topped the box office for the second straight weekend, beating the big budget sci-fi action flick John Carter.
The animated Dr. Seuss adaptation, featuring the voices of Zac Efron, Taylor Swift and Danny DeVito, earned $39.1 million.
Meanwhile, John Carter, starring Taylor Kitsch as a 19th century soldier turned Martian hero, took second place with $30.6 million.
Coming in third place was Project X, with $11.6 million.
Act of Valor and Silent House nabbed fourth and fifth places with $7.01 million and $7 million, respectively.
Rounding out the Top 10 were Eddie Murphy’s A Thousand Words ($6.4 million), Safe House ($5 million), The Vow ($4 million), Journey 2, ($3.8 million), and This Means War ($3.7 million).
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Troublemaking Brandi Glanville Complains About Housewife Fans Hating Her
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- Which Celebrity Gives Back The Most?
- Cameron Diaz Gets Honest About Her Bad Skin