The Lorax Tramples John Carter
1:30 am, March 11th, 2012BOX OFFICE
The Lorax has topped the box office for the second straight weekend, beating the big budget sci-fi action flick John Carter.
The animated Dr. Seuss adaptation, featuring the voices of Zac Efron, Taylor Swift and Danny DeVito, earned $39.1 million.
Meanwhile, John Carter, starring Taylor Kitsch as a 19th century soldier turned Martian hero, took second place with $30.6 million.
Coming in third place was Project X, with $11.6 million.
Act of Valor and Silent House nabbed fourth and fifth places with $7.01 million and $7 million, respectively.
Rounding out the Top 10 were Eddie Murphy’s A Thousand Words ($6.4 million), Safe House ($5 million), The Vow ($4 million), Journey 2, ($3.8 million), and This Means War ($3.7 million).
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet