The Lorax Tramples John Carter
1:30 am, March 11th, 2012BOX OFFICE
The Lorax has topped the box office for the second straight weekend, beating the big budget sci-fi action flick John Carter.
The animated Dr. Seuss adaptation, featuring the voices of Zac Efron, Taylor Swift and Danny DeVito, earned $39.1 million.
Meanwhile, John Carter, starring Taylor Kitsch as a 19th century soldier turned Martian hero, took second place with $30.6 million.
Coming in third place was Project X, with $11.6 million.
Act of Valor and Silent House nabbed fourth and fifth places with $7.01 million and $7 million, respectively.
Rounding out the Top 10 were Eddie Murphy’s A Thousand Words ($6.4 million), Safe House ($5 million), The Vow ($4 million), Journey 2, ($3.8 million), and This Means War ($3.7 million).
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Idris Elba Talks Fathering A Child That Wasn't His
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!