‘The Lion King’ Roars To Box Office Win
9:00 am, September 18th, 2011
After 17 years, The Lion King still rules.
The animated classic, back in theaters for a limited two-week 3D run, has surprised Hollywood by placing first at the weekend box office.
The re-released film earned $29.3 million.
Coming in second was the feel-bad epidemic drama Contagion, with $14.5 million in ticket sales.
And the new Ryan Gosling release, Drive, secured third place with $11 million.
Rounding out the Top 10 were Sarah Jessica Parker‘s I Don’t Know How She Does It ($4.5 million), The Debt ($2.9 million), Warrior ($2.7 million), Rise of the Planet of the Apes ($2.6 million), and Colombiana ($2.3 million).
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Paul Walker's Incredible Act Of Kindness
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game