The Hobbit Still Lord of Box Office; Tom Cruise’s Jack Reacher #2; This Is 40 Third
12:33 pm, December 23rd, 2012BOX OFFICE
Audiences are still flocking to Middle-Earth.
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey is #1 at the box office for the second straight week, with $36.7 million in ticket sales.
That was enough to beat two new releases — the Tom Cruise action flick Jack Reacher, which came in second with $15.6 million, and the Judd Apatow-directed comedy This Is 40, which nabbed third with $12 million.
The animated Rise of the Guardians and Lincoln came in fourth and fifth places with $5.9 million and $5.6 million, respectively.
Rounding out the Top 10 were the Seth Rogen-Barbra Streisand road comedy The Guilt Trip ($5.4 million), the Monsters Inc. 3D re-release ($5 million), Skyfall ($4.7 million), Life of Pi ($3.8 million), and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 ($2.7 million).
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Accidentally Posts Pic Of Her Old Nose
- '90s Hairstyles We Thought Were Absolutely Cool
- Celebrities Side Business Revealed
- Kardashian Family Xmas Kards Through the Years
- 13 Most Surprising Celebrity Couples
- Bethenny Frankel On Getting Talk Show Guests to Open Up
- What Are Celebs Saying About The Grammy Nominations?
- 30 Scientologists You'll Probably Recognize
- Kris Jenner Gushes About Kanye West
- Paul Walker Dies From Automobile Accident