The Avengers Becomes Third-Biggest Movie EVER Behind Avatar and Titanic
12:40 pm, June 2nd, 2012
The Avengers keeps climbing, and it’s now hit another major milestone.
Marvel’s star-packed superhero extravaganza just became the third-biggest movie in worldwide box office history.
Early Saturday, The Avengers hit $538.1 million domestically (passing The Dark Knight for #3 all-time in North America) and now boasts a staggering $1.331 billion global haul (just ahead of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2).
That makes it the new #3 movie in history, behind James Cameron’s box office beasts Avatar and Titanic.
Not too shabby.
Time will tell whether The Avengers joins Cameron’s hits as the only movies to cross the $2 billion mark.
The all-time list, of course, is dominated by recent movies that have benefited from higher ticket prices, but it’s still an impressive achievement for any film to challenge these records.
Here’s the (current) All-Time Worldwide Box Office Top 10 Chart:
1. Avatar (2009) — $2.782 billion
2. Titanic (1997) — $2.185 billion
3. The Avengers (2012) — $1.331 billion
4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (2011) — $1.328 billion
5. Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011) — $1.124 billion
6. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003) — $1.120 billion
7. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest (2006) — $1.066 billion
8. Toy Story 3 (2010) — $1.063 billion
9. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011) — $1.044 billion
10. Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace (1999) — $1.027 billion
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kim Kardashian Shares New Photo of North West
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- 14 Stars With Sketchy Pre-Fame Pasts
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Is Miley's Outfit Too Much?
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs