The Avengers Shatters Box Office Record With $207 Million Opening Weekend
12:00 am, May 6th, 2012BOX OFFICE
It was a MASSIVE, record-breaking weekend for The Avengers.
The long-awaited, hugely hyped and critically praised superhero extravaganza broke the box office record with a debut of $207 million, obliterating the competition.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 ($169 million) was the current all-time record-holder, but The Avengers topped it, along with The Dark Knight ($158 million) and The Hunger Games ($152 million).
Meanwhile, coming in a very distant second was Think Like A Man with a weekend take of $8 million.
Nabbing third was The Hunger Game with $5.7 million.
Coming in fourth and fifth places were The Lucky One and Pirates! Band of Misfits with $5.5 million and $5.4 million, respectively.
Round out the Top 10 were The Five-Year Engagement ($5.1 million), The Raven ($2.5 million), Safe (2.5 million), Chimpanzee ($2.4 million) and The Three Stooges ($1.8 million).
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank