The Avengers Shatters Box Office Record With $207 Million Opening Weekend
12:00 am, May 6th, 2012BOX OFFICE
It was a MASSIVE, record-breaking weekend for The Avengers.
The long-awaited, hugely hyped and critically praised superhero extravaganza broke the box office record with a debut of $207 million, obliterating the competition.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 ($169 million) was the current all-time record-holder, but The Avengers topped it, along with The Dark Knight ($158 million) and The Hunger Games ($152 million).
Meanwhile, coming in a very distant second was Think Like A Man with a weekend take of $8 million.
Nabbing third was The Hunger Game with $5.7 million.
Coming in fourth and fifth places were The Lucky One and Pirates! Band of Misfits with $5.5 million and $5.4 million, respectively.
Round out the Top 10 were The Five-Year Engagement ($5.1 million), The Raven ($2.5 million), Safe (2.5 million), Chimpanzee ($2.4 million) and The Three Stooges ($1.8 million).
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Celebrity Dog Choices That Surprised Us