Breaking Dawn Part 2 Leads Box Office to Biggest Thanksgiving Weekend Ever
4:35 am, November 25th, 2012BOX OFFICE
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 won the extended Thanksgiving holiday weekend box office.
The vampire franchise’s final installment snagged first place (again) with $66 million for the five-day period, bringing its domestic total to $228.9 million.
James Bond thriller Skyfall took second place with $51.2 million.
The presidential drama Lincoln nabbed third with $34.1 million.
Those top earners and others in the weekend’s Top 10 led to this being the biggest Thanksgiving holiday at the box office — ever.
The new animated holiday film Rise of the Guardians and Life of Pi came in fourth and fifth with $32.3 million and $30.5 million, respectively.
Rounding out the Top 10 were video game character adventure Wreck-It Ralph ($22.7 million), the American invasion remake Red Dawn ($22 million), Flight ($11 million), Silver Linings Playbook ($5.7 million) and Argo ($4.9 million).
What did you see this long holiday weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- The Most Mysterious Celebrity Deaths
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!