Breaking Dawn Part 2 Leads Box Office to Biggest Thanksgiving Weekend Ever
4:35 am, November 25th, 2012BOX OFFICE
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 won the extended Thanksgiving holiday weekend box office.
The vampire franchise’s final installment snagged first place (again) with $66 million for the five-day period, bringing its domestic total to $228.9 million.
James Bond thriller Skyfall took second place with $51.2 million.
The presidential drama Lincoln nabbed third with $34.1 million.
Those top earners and others in the weekend’s Top 10 led to this being the biggest Thanksgiving holiday at the box office — ever.
The new animated holiday film Rise of the Guardians and Life of Pi came in fourth and fifth with $32.3 million and $30.5 million, respectively.
Rounding out the Top 10 were video game character adventure Wreck-It Ralph ($22.7 million), the American invasion remake Red Dawn ($22 million), Flight ($11 million), Silver Linings Playbook ($5.7 million) and Argo ($4.9 million).
What did you see this long holiday weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court