Breaking Dawn Nears Half a Billion Dollars at Box Office + Weekend’s Top 10
11:10 am, November 27th, 2011BOX OFFICE
Not only did Breaking Dawn take first place again at the box office, raking in $62.3 million over the five-day Thanksgiving holiday weekend, but the film has now earned close to half a billion dollars.
To date, the fourth installment of the Twilight series has earned $221.3 million in North America, and with an international take of $268 million (including this weekend’s $71.5 million), the worldwide cumulative gross is $489.3 million.
Coming in second this holiday weekend was The Muppets, which has returned to the big screen in a big way with $42 million in ticket sales.
Securing third was Happy Feet Two with $18.4 million.
Arthur Christmas and Hugo took fourth and fifth places with $17 million and $15.4 million, respectively.
Rounding out the Top 10 were Jack and Jill ($14.1 million), Immortals ($12.5 million), Puss in Boots ($10.4 million), Tower Heist ($10.2 million) and The Descendants ($9.2 million).
What did you see this extended holiday weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable