Teresa and Joe Giudice of Real Housewives Charged with Major Fraud and Tax Crimes
3:00 pm, July 29th, 2013
The Department of Justice announced that the Bravo personalities were charged “in a conspiracy to defraud lenders and illegally obtain mortgages and other loans as well as allegedly hiding assets and income during a bankruptcy case.”
According to a 39-count indictment returned by a federal grand jury, the couple is accused of “conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, bank fraud, making false statements on loan applications and bankruptcy fraud.”
It also alleges that Joe Giudice failed to file tax returns between 2004 and 2008.
“The indictment returned today alleges the Guidices lied to the bankruptcy court, to the IRS and to a number of banks,” said U.S. Attorney Paul J. Fishman. “Everyone has an obligation to tell the truth when dealing with the courts, paying their taxes and applying for loans or mortgages. That’s reality.”
The Giudices have not been arrested, but are scheduled to appear in court on Tuesday.
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank