Ted Outstrips Magic Mike For Top Spot
9:22 am, July 1st, 2012BOX OFFICE
The foul-mouthed bear is box office king.
Ted, starring Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis and director Seth MacFarlane as a pot-smoking, dirty-minded stuffed animal, won its debut weekend with a box office take of $54.1 million.
Another new release, Channing Tatum’s male stripper extravaganza Magic Mike, came in second with an impressive $39.2 million.
Last week’s winner, Pixar adventure Brave, secured third place with $35.5 million.
Madea’s Witness Protection, the latest from director-star Tyler Perry, and Madagascar 3 nabbed the fourth and fifth spots with $26.4 million and $12.5 million, respectively.
Rounding out the Top 10 were Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter ($6.2 million), Prometheus ($5.1 million), Moonrise Kingdom ($5 million), Snow White and the Huntsman ($4.6 million), and People Like Us (4.2 million).
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Hayden Panettiere's Fake Boobs Look Like This Now
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand