Taylor Swift Sued Over Canceled Concert: Report
9:55 am, February 18th, 2013
Taylor Swift is reportedly being sued for the money she was paid to perform at a concert that never happened.
The singer was slated to play the Capital Hoedown event in Ottawa last August, and was given $2.5 million upfront for the performance, according to TMZ.
But when promoters were unable to get the show off the ground, it was canceled and the ticket company was forced to refund $1.8 million in ticket sales.
The firm has now filed a lawsuit in New York demanding that Swift cover the costs.
However, Swift’s camp claims she never entered into an agreement with the ticket company and has not seen the litigation.
A source close to the situation tells Gossip Cop the festival organizers were responsible for the cancellation, and that Swift had no direct dealings with the responsible parties.
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents