Taylor Swift Breaks Silence on Conor Kennedy Romance: He’s “A Grown Man”
7:15 pm, October 10th, 2012
The songstress makes no apologies for her relationship with Kennedy, who is four years younger and still in high school, explaining, “The way I look at love is you have to follow it, and fall hard, if you fall hard.”
“You have to forget about what everyone else thinks. It has to be an us-against-the-world mentality. You have to make it work by prioritizing it, and by falling in love really fast, without thinking too hard,” Swift says.
She adds, If I think too hard about a relationship I’ll talk myself out of it. … I have rules for a lot of areas of my life. Love is not going to be one of them.”
Swift also clears up some rumors about her time with Kennedy, including the claim that she crashed a Kennedy family wedding in August.
“I have no idea what happened there,” the singer admits.
“I think that story was based on the biggest misunderstanding, ’cause I would never knowingly show up somewhere that I thought I wasn’t invited to,” says Swift. “And I would never want to upstage anybody.”
As for a bizarre rumor that alleged Swift “kidnapped” Kennedy when he visited her in Nashville, she responds, “How did I kidnap him?”
She continues, “You can’t kidnap a grown man! These are serious accusations, now! It’s an interesting way to spin something into a story. See, this is why I don’t read stuff.”
That’s right — Swift swears she no longer Googles herself.
“In the beginning, when there would be a tiny news story about something that wasn’t true, I thought that meant my fans weren’t gonna show up to my next concert,” she says.
“But now, knock on wood…” Swift says, “I feel like my fans have my back and I have theirs.”
What do you think of Swift’s comments?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Teen Mom 2's Kailyn's Bitter Custody Battle with Jo
- Lisa Vanderpump and Brandi Glanville's Over-the-Top Passive Aggressive Posts
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Both Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian's Homes Robbed!
- Khloe Kardashian to Make Bieber's Party Pad Her Own