Taylor Swift’s “Red” Has Highest Sales Week Of Any Album Since 2002
11:51 pm, October 30th, 2012
Taylor Swift is bigger than ever, and putting up the highest numbers the music industry has seen in a decade.
The singer-songwriter’s new album “Red” will debut at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart on Wednesday, having sold a staggering 1.208 million copies in its first week of release.
It’s the biggest week for any album since Eminem’s “The Eminem Show” sold 1.322 million copies back in 2002.
“Red” also makes Swift the only female artist to have two different albums hit the 1 million mark in their first weeks during the Nielsen SoundScan era.
Swift’s “Speak Now” sold 1.047 million copies when it debuted in 2010.
Now, she has the second-biggest sales week for any female artist, behind Britney Spears, whose “Oops!… I Did It Again” sold 1.319 million in 2000.
Within 36 minutes of its release on October 22, “Red” jumped to the top of the iTunes charts, and has now sold more than 465,000 copies through the Apple service alone.
Not too shabby.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- What Are Diddy's Kids Doing To Help The Needy?