Taylor Swift on Jumping Into Romances: “I Don’t Think It Through”
4:16 pm, November 23rd, 2012
Taylor Swift, who’s been romantically linked to a number of men, including John Mayer, Jake Gyllenhall, Taylor Lautner and most recently Conor Kennedy, admits she heads into serious relationships way too fast.
“I don’t think there’s an option for me to fall in love slowly, or at medium speed. I either do or I don’t,” says the singing star.
She adds, “I don’t think it through, really, which is a good thing and a bad thing. You don’t look before you leap, which is like, ‘Yay, this is awesome! Let’s not think twice!’ And then you’re like, ‘We used to be flying. Now we’re falling. What’s happening?’”
Swift’s the first to acknowledge that she’s been wrong about her men.
“I tend to think things are love and then look back and reevaluate…. I know how many people I’ve said ‘I love you’ to. I could probably count it up, but I don’t feel like it,” she says in the upcoming issue of Parade.
Swift explains, “Part of me feels you can’t say you were truly in love if it didn’t last. If I end up getting married and having kids, that’s when I’ll know it’s real — because it lasted.”
“I have so much to learn about life,” reveals the superstar, who goes on to say, “I know nothing compared to what I’m going to know someday.”
What do you think of Swift’s honesty?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Teen Mom 2's Kailyn's Bitter Custody Battle with Jo
- Lisa Vanderpump and Brandi Glanville's Over-the-Top Passive Aggressive Posts
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Both Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian's Homes Robbed!
- Khloe Kardashian to Make Bieber's Party Pad Her Own