Taylor Swift Honors Fallen Marine Who Loved Her Music
1:59 pm, May 21st, 2012VIDEO
Taylor Swift reached out to the family of a U.S. marine who died in combat in Afghanistan on May 11.
The singer got wind of Sergeant Wade Wilson’s death through the late marine’s best friend, who posted a video message to her on YouTube.
In the clip (below), Corporal Josh Marreel says, “This is a shout out to the one and only Taylor Swift. I know you have no idea who I am but this video isn’t about me. This is about a good buddy, Sgt. Wade D. Wilson, who was killed in action Friday, May 11, 2012 in Afghanistan.”
The soldier adds, “Anybody that knew Willy personally knew that he worshiped you. He even slept with a poster of you in between our beds in Afghanistan.”
He goes on to ask that Swift merely “think about him,” and invites the country star to Wilson’s funeral in Texas.
Swift was obviously touched by the video, and responded by sending flowers and a thoughtful note to Wilson’s family.
Her note reads, “Wade, thank you for loving my music. I won’t forget it and I will never forget you. All my love, Taylor Swift.”
The “Love Story” singer also called Wilson’s family and asked if she could wear his army dog tags in her next music video to pay tribute to him, a source close to Swift confirms to Gossip Cop.
Watch Marreel’s moving video message below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank