Taylor Swift Visits 10-Year-Old Cancer Patient Lauren Hacker Before World Tour
2:42 pm, March 10th, 2013
Taylor Swift, who’s always been good about granting cancer patients’ wishes — and even choked up during last year’s Stand Up To Cancer telethon — fulfilled another youngster’s dream on Saturday at Omaha’s Children’s Hospital & Medical Center.
The singing star learned of Lauren Hacker’s plight after her parents reached out to Swift and a YouTube video of her song “You Belong With Me” made the rounds with changed lyrics about the 10-year-old girl and her battle with acute myelogenous leukemia.
A source close to Swift tells Gossip Cop visiting Hacker was “something Taylor really wanted to do.”
On Hacker’s family’s blog, Lauren’s dad posted: “Taylor Swift stopped by Lauren’s room at the hospital around 1 pm in the afternoon. She spent about an hour chatting with Lauren… [who] played a song on the electronic piano key board that she got for her birthday.”
According to Lauren’s father. “Taylor was very impressed,” and “shared stories from her childhood as she was getting her start as an entertainer and she told us all about the special stage designs of her new show.”
“Just before she had to leave,” adds the young girl’s dad, “Taylor got out a bag of goodies for Lauren and provided autographs on notebooks, photographs and guitar picks… It was a great afternoon for everyone and I’m sure Lauren will remember it for many years to come.”
Swift kicks off her “Red” world tour in Omaha on Wednesday.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- Kim Kardashian's Swollen Feet Scream For Help
- McKellen Marrying Stewart