Taylor Swift Invites Fan With Cancer to Be ACM Awards Date (VIDEO)
8:56 pm, February 24th, 2012VIDEO
McGuire, who is battling leukemia for the second time, came to Swift’s attention when his sister Victoria created a Facebook page encouraging the country singer to take her brother to his prom on June 1, which is also his birthday.
The page has received support from nearly 100,000 people to date, and now Swift has offered up a response on her own Facebook page.
“I’m so sorry but I won’t be able to make it to your prom,” Swift wrote Friday.
“But,” she continued, “I was wondering, the ACM Awards are coming up… Would you be my date?”
Swift is up for three awards at the April 1 show, but we suspect McGuire will be the one feeling like a winner that night.
Check out a video on McGuire’s special date below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?