Taylor Swift Invites Fan With Cancer to Be ACM Awards Date (VIDEO)
8:56 pm, February 24th, 2012VIDEO
McGuire, who is battling leukemia for the second time, came to Swift’s attention when his sister Victoria created a Facebook page encouraging the country singer to take her brother to his prom on June 1, which is also his birthday.
The page has received support from nearly 100,000 people to date, and now Swift has offered up a response on her own Facebook page.
“I’m so sorry but I won’t be able to make it to your prom,” Swift wrote Friday.
“But,” she continued, “I was wondering, the ACM Awards are coming up… Would you be my date?”
Swift is up for three awards at the April 1 show, but we suspect McGuire will be the one feeling like a winner that night.
Check out a video on McGuire’s special date below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Tyra Banks Without Make-up: Still Think She's Hot?
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- The Worst Celebrity Tattoos Ever
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- Selena Wouldn't Stalk Justin's Dates Online