Taylor Swift on Approach to Men: “I Think It Needs to Change”
2:09 pm, October 10th, 2013
“My friends tease me about the fact that if someone seems bad or shady or like they have a secret, I find them incredibly interesting,” she explains, admitting that it might be time to “sit it out for a while” while she reassesses her approach.
Swift is quoted as saying, “That’s just a phase I’ve been in lately. I don’t think this should be how I proceed in life. It’s important to be self-aware about these things because you don’t want to end up with that guy.”
The singer says she hasn’t been in a relationship “in a long time.”
“I’d like to think if you’re with the right person, you just feel great about things you’ve never felt great about before,” Swift tells the magazine. “At least that’s how I’ve heard it’s supposed to be. I wouldn’t know.”
As for Ed Sheeran, with whom she’s been frequently — and wrongly — linked romantically, Swift says they are “such good friends.”
“I have never had such a close guy friend before,” says Swift. “It’s always kind of creepy because with a guy friend-girl friend situation, it usually feels like one person always wants ore. That’s not the case here.”
She says that she tells potential platonic pals: “If you want to be friends with me, just know people are going to say we’re dating.”
Swift also opens up about another new friend of hers: Lena Dunham, whom she first got to know through Twitter.
“We follow each other, and she sent me a direct message, and it just became a mutual admiration society,” recalls the singer.
She explains, “It then became apparent that we were very similar. Very similar. I feel like I can tell her anything.”
Swift appreciates Dunham’s “open mind,” and tells the magazine that if she were to make a mistake, the “Girls” star is “the one I would tell.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate