Taylor Swift Says She Wants to Win Oscar, Next Album Will Go Into “New Territory”
3:51 pm, December 23rd, 2013
“It happened on my birthday so it was the most unbelievable occurrence,” the singer says of the Best Original Song nod for “Sweeter Than Fiction” from the movie One Chance.
Whether or not she wins at the January ceremony, Swift already has her eye on an even bigger prize.
“I would love to get to go the Oscars someday,” she confesses. “That’s why I’m so happy to get to be a part of movies.”
Swift further tells EW she would also “love to win another Grammy,” and collaborate again with “Sweeter” songwriter Jack Antonoff of fun.
“There’s a huge chance of that happening again,” she reveals, explaining, “We had been friends for awhile, because I’m really good friends with [his girlfriend Lena Dunham] and the three of us are always hanging out.”
The songstress says she’s also “kinda obsessed” with Sia, and hints that her next album will take her music into “new territory.”
“Describing it is difficult. At the core of what I do, it’s always going to revolve around a confessional storyline and filling my fans in on what my life has actually been,” says Swift.
She goes on, ”It’s become this lifeline between me and my friends and they know that no matter what they read in some magazine, they’re going to hear the actual accounting of it when the album comes out. ”
“I’ve always written songs for the same reason – to sort through my emotions. As I grow up, the lessons I learn in love and relationships and how we treat each other are hopefully maturing – hopefully,” adds Swift.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents