Taylor Swift: “I Never Chase Boys”
12:39 pm, February 11th, 2013PHOTOS
“I’m sure if I looked up the latest Google Alerts rumor it would say I’m chasing somebody who doesn’t like me as much as I like him – people love that angle on me,” says the singer.
Swift continues, “They’re like ‘Oh Taylor, coming on too strong again, chasing boys.’ I never chase boys. They don’t like it!”
The songstress does concede, however, that her relationships do provide excellent musical fodder — but to her, that’s nothing new.
“To me it’s just writing songs the way I always have. It’s me sitting on my bed feeling pain I didn’t understand, writing a song, and understanding it better,” says Swift.
“If people want to dissect the lyrics, that’s their right,” she explains, “but it’s all coming from the exact same place as where I started. It’s just something I do to feel better.”
That need dates back to middle school for Swift, years that she says “programmed me be to be semi-insecure, like, all of the time.”
“I didn’t fit in,” she recalls, adding, “I’d stand on the outside of the circle but I was never really in. That’s when I started to realize there’s this thing called rejection.”
But thanks to music, Swift now has an outlet for her emotions.
“I don’t think I’ve ever yelled at an ex-boyfriend. Ever,” she says. “I’m not a yeller. I’m not a fit thrower. If something is done, it’s done.”
Swift’s full interview in Elle’s March issue hits newsstands on February 19.
Check out photos from Swift’s Elle shoot below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- Is Miley's Outfit Too Much?
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Britney Spears' Weird Response To Questions About Boyfriend
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!