Taylor Swift Donates $4 Million to Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum
1:46 pm, May 17th, 2012
Taylor Swift is donating $4 million to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum in Nashville, the institution announced on Thursday.
The “Fifteen” singer’s gift, which is the largest donation ever given to the museum by an artist, will fund the Taylor Swift Education Center, an exhibit and classroom space expected to open in 2014.
The museum’s director Kyle Young said in a statement, “It will allow us to do what we do better, serve more people, develop new programs and I’m happy to say that as we talked through this opportunity with Taylor, she very much wants to be involved in an advisory capacity in what we do.”
He added, “Is there a better person out there who’s in touch with a young audience?”
Swift has a long history with the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum.
She held one of her first public performances in the museum’s plaza, and also had a ceremony to sign her recording contract at the institution.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Selena and Demi - BFF's Again?
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Amanda Bynes' Scary and Strange Twitter Photos
- The Worst Celebrity Tattoos Ever
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- Hayley Williams Greets Fans In Great Graphics