Taylor Swift Donates $4 Million to Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum
1:46 pm, May 17th, 2012
Taylor Swift is donating $4 million to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum in Nashville, the institution announced on Thursday.
The “Fifteen” singer’s gift, which is the largest donation ever given to the museum by an artist, will fund the Taylor Swift Education Center, an exhibit and classroom space expected to open in 2014.
The museum’s director Kyle Young said in a statement, “It will allow us to do what we do better, serve more people, develop new programs and I’m happy to say that as we talked through this opportunity with Taylor, she very much wants to be involved in an advisory capacity in what we do.”
He added, “Is there a better person out there who’s in touch with a young audience?”
Swift has a long history with the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum.
She held one of her first public performances in the museum’s plaza, and also had a ceremony to sign her recording contract at the institution.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West