Taylor Swift: I Won’t Give Selena Gomez Or Anyone Else Unsolicited Advice
3:02 pm, May 26th, 2013
Last weekend, the performer earned her eight Billboard Music Awards victories, and she is asked about Madonna, who was named Top Touring Artist.
“One element of Madonna’s career that really takes center stage is how many times she’s reinvented herself,” marvels Swift. “It’s easier to stay in one look, one comfort zone, one musical style. It’s inspiring to see someone whose only predictable quality is being unpredictable.”
Swift, of course, is part of a younger wave of musicians, and is asked what wisdom she might impart to contemporaries like Gomez and Ariana Grande.
She responds, “I never give advice unless someone asks me for it.”
“One thing I’ve learned, and possibly the only advice I have to give, is to not be that person giving out unsolicited advice based on your own personal experience,” explains Swift.
She continues, “I’ve always had a lot of older people giving me advice because I’m young, and in the end, it all comes down to who you want to be remembered as. Just be that.”
As for her acceptance speech describing her bond with fans as the “longest and best relationship” she’s had, Swift has more to say.
“I loved being able to thank my fans for this life they’ve given me. Being on tour, I get a nightly reminder of how lucky I am to get to stand on giant stages and sing for sold-out crowds,” explains Swift.
The performer adds, “Now I have so many girls my age coming up to me and saying, ‘I’ve listened to you for seven years.’ It’s crazy to me that we’ve been in each other’s lives that long and it still feels new. But hey, I guess that’s what real love feels like.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet