Abercrombie & Fitch Pulls T-Shirts Mocking Taylor Swift’s Love Life After Fan Backlash
3:53 pm, June 20th, 2013PHOTO
Abercrombie & Fitch picked the wrong pop star to mess with.
Abercrombie’s tops read, “# more boyfriends than t.s.,” an obvious reference to Swift’s dating record.
The “Red” singer’s fans revolted by creating a petition on Change.org, saying the shirts were offensive to their idol.
When Gossip Cop called Abercrombie’s public relations department, an automated message stated, “Thank you for calling Abercrombie & Fitch public relations. If you are calling regarding the Taylor Swift t-shirt, please note this is no longer available.”
The company also tweeted on Tuesday, “Hey #swifties we no longer sell the tshirt. We <3 Taylor’s music and think she’s awesome!”
Abercrombie has a bit of a history in clashing with stars.
In 2011, the company was blasted by the “Jersey Shore” cast after it offered to pay “The Situation” to stop wearing its clothes — while selling shirts with the reality stars’ coined motto, “GTL” (gym, tan, laundry.)
Check out a photo of the shirt Swift below.
What do you think of Abercrombie making and then pulling the top?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Why Does Shailene Woodley Think Twilight is "Toxic?"
- Harry Styles Takes His Womanizing Ways to the Next Level
- Kylie and Kendall: The Jenner Sister's Most Stylish Moments
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Troublemaking Brandi Glanville Complains About Housewife Fans Hating Her