Taylor Lautner won’t be at “Hope for Haiti” telethon but many musicians were added
8:00 am, January 20th, 2010
According to Taylor Lautner’s rep, the “New Moon” heartthrob will not be participating in the “Hope for Haiti” telethon.
But something that should be music to your ears is the long list of musicians who will be performing during the two-hour fundraiser, which is being aired on every major network and numerous other cable outfits.
Co-host George Clooney will be in Los Angeles, where Taylor Swift, Dave Matthews, Sheryl Crow, Kid Rock, Christina Aguilera, Keith Urban, Stevie Wonder, Alicia Keys, John Legend, and Justin Timberlake are slated to perform.
The music will be available, beginning Saturday, on iTunes and all the proceeds will go to the charities benefiting from the telethon, including the Red Cross, UNICEF, Oxfam, Partners in Health, and Wyclef’s Yele Haiti Foundation.
Additionally, the event will feature dozens and dozens of big stars manning the phones, and Anderson Coooper reporting from Haiti.
UPDATE – 7:30 PM –
The list of celebs who will be answering phones is still developing. Ellen DeGeneres has signed on, with many, many others rumored. Gossip Cop will monitor…
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- A-List Stars Who Failed at Marriage