Talia Joy Castellano, 13-Year-Old YouTube Beauty Guru, Dies of Cancer
1:37 pm, July 16th, 2013VIDEO
Talia Joy Castellano, the charming 13-year-old YouTube beauty guru whose cancer fight inspired celebrity admirers and millions of fans, died on Tuesday.
The sad news was announced on the “Angels for Talia” Facebook page:
It is with a heavy heart that we share with all of you that Talia has earned her wings at 11:22am. Please lift her beautiful soul, her beautiful light to heaven and please send your love and prayers to her family during this most difficult time. God speed little one, may you be free from pain and suffering, may your soul feel the light and love that you brought to so many of us on this Earth during the short time you were her with us. We will miss you more than you will ever know baby girl.
Castellano had been diagnosed with neuroblastoma in 2007, beating it and relapsing multiple times over the last six years.
She made a wildly popular series of makeup videos and cancer vlog entries on YouTube, garnering millions of views and earning the adoration of Ellen DeGeneres, Kendall Jenner, and others.
The teenager ultimately developed myelodysplastic syndrome (pre-luekemia) as well, and this past spring informed fans that her cancer had progressed.
In a video, Castellano observed, “It’s not like I’m happy or something, it’s that I face reality and I’m truthful but I believe that I can fight it and I believe that I can beat the crap out of cancer.”
Castellano appeared on “Ellen” last September — check out the video below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Which Celebrity Likes To Eat Crickets?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Tia Mowry Makes Time For Son & Nephew
- The Plastic Surgery That Changed Lisa Kudrow's Life