Taking a Britney Spears Rumor Down (Under)
12:53 pm, October 8th, 2009
Britney Spears is not getting married in Australia. Repeat: NOT getting married in Australia.
Of course, that didn’t stop NW magazine from touting on its cover, “Britney Wants Quickie Oz Wedding,” and writing, “The singer, who recently reunited with her agent Jason Trawick, is looking to get hitched in a lavish ceremony in Oz after she finishes the Australian leg of her Circus tour.”
The magazine steps in it further when it reports, “the couple have already looked at Sydney’s Royal Botanic Gardens as a possible venue.” It also claims, “With Britney’s dad Jamie and mum Lynne flying to Australia for the finale in Brisbane on November 22, insiders expect the pair to tie the knot after the final show.”
Let’s move backwards: The tour’s “finale” is not on November 22 in Brisbane, it’s November 29 in Adelaide.
Additionally, a source close to Spears tells Gossip Cop that she and Trawick have not looked at Sydney’s Royal Botanical Gardens as a wedding venue.
And finally, the reason they haven’t looked at the Botanical Gardens is that they are NOT looking to get married in a lavish ceremony in Australia.
Oops, the rags did it again.
Special thanks to @OzTwilightTwit who helped track down the mag!
You might like:
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Tyrese's Heartbreaking Tribute To Paul Walker
- Rihanna Visits Chris Brown In Anger Management?
- Bond Girls In Bikini's Always Sucker Us In
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party