Tab pours out a sloppy Zac Efron booze story
10:28 am, November 20th, 2009
Maybe the Mirror’s “3am” column should get a little more sleep because their facts are a little blurry about Zac Efron partying in London the other night.
According to the tab, the “High School Musical” star was a on “four-hour booze bender” after the premiere of his new film, “Me & Orson Welles.”
The paper claims that at the film’s after-party, held at a Hawaiian-themed club called Kanaloa, Efron got “a round of rum shots” for his co-stars and then footed the bill for some $165-a-pop concoctions called the “Treasure Chest,” which the paper describes as “a potent brew of peach schnapps and brandy, topped with a bottle of bubbly.”
Reportedly all liquored up, Efron allegedly “grabbed a Hawaiian lei garland, flung it around his neck, jumped up on the bamboo tables and started busting his moves to Beyonce and the Beach Boys.” Added a so-called source, “He was having a great time and was the life and soul of the party.”
We’d say we’re sorry that we missed it, but it actually NEVER happened. A source, who was with Efron at the after-party, tells Gossip Cop that the star, jet-lagged from flying in earlier that day, hung out a little bit with his director Richard Linklater and co-stars Claire Danes and Christian McKay, but “left early” – no bender, no booty shaking.
And Efron’s rep confirms to Gossip Cop that the story was “completely made up,” and that her client called it a night after a short stay at the club because he had to get up early the next day for press interviews.
Sorry, tabs, but we’d had to call this “High School Musical: Sober Year.”
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- Tyrese's Heartbreaking Tribute To Paul Walker
- Miley Cyrus' Best & Worst Moments
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- Is Miley's Outfit Too Much?
- Remember Miley Cyrus' Old Image?
- Match Up!: What Pup Belongs To Which Celeb?
- Kanye West at Philly's Morning Show