Tab pours out a sloppy Zac Efron booze story
10:28 am, November 20th, 2009
Maybe the Mirror’s “3am” column should get a little more sleep because their facts are a little blurry about Zac Efron partying in London the other night.
According to the tab, the “High School Musical” star was a on “four-hour booze bender” after the premiere of his new film, “Me & Orson Welles.”
The paper claims that at the film’s after-party, held at a Hawaiian-themed club called Kanaloa, Efron got “a round of rum shots” for his co-stars and then footed the bill for some $165-a-pop concoctions called the “Treasure Chest,” which the paper describes as “a potent brew of peach schnapps and brandy, topped with a bottle of bubbly.”
Reportedly all liquored up, Efron allegedly “grabbed a Hawaiian lei garland, flung it around his neck, jumped up on the bamboo tables and started busting his moves to Beyonce and the Beach Boys.” Added a so-called source, “He was having a great time and was the life and soul of the party.”
We’d say we’re sorry that we missed it, but it actually NEVER happened. A source, who was with Efron at the after-party, tells Gossip Cop that the star, jet-lagged from flying in earlier that day, hung out a little bit with his director Richard Linklater and co-stars Claire Danes and Christian McKay, but “left early” – no bender, no booty shaking.
And Efron’s rep confirms to Gossip Cop that the story was “completely made up,” and that her client called it a night after a short stay at the club because he had to get up early the next day for press interviews.
Sorry, tabs, but we’d had to call this “High School Musical: Sober Year.”
You might like:
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- CBS CEO Takes Shot At TODAY Show Troubles
- Amanda Bynes' Scary and Strange Twitter Photos
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Remember When: Amanda Bynes, What Happened?
- Super Stars With Secret Talents
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?