Susan Lucci Blasts ABC Over “All My Children” Cancellation
12:47 pm, September 3rd, 2011
The actress, who has portrayed Erica Kane on the series since 1970, claims in the new paperback edition of “All My Life: A Memoir” that Frons and ABC Daytime brass destroyed the long-running series with bad moves before announcing that they’d take it off the air.
Lucci alleges that Frons ordered the show to move from New York to Los Angeles, pushed out its creator and replaced the head writer with personnel who produced “subpar” material.
“I watched Brian Frons’ decisions destroy the production of our show and the lives of people on both sides of the country,” writes Lucci, who says Frons possesses “that fatal combination of ignorance and arrogance.”
“An iconic show was losing out to greed… If Brian Frons could show his bosses that he could save the network 40 percent… he could keep his job even if the rest of us lost ours,” she explains.
Lucci recalls telling Frons directly, “I think our being in this position is the result of some very bad decisions by you,” although she says stopped short of calling her ABC bosses and leaving the message, “F.U. – and your little dog, too.”
Somehow, we don’t think Lucci will be giving Frons the Brian Kilmeade treatment anytime soon.
What do you think of Lucci putting ABC on blast?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled
- CBS CEO Takes Shot At TODAY Show Troubles
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Hayley Williams Greets Fans In Great Graphics