Susan Boyle: I Have Asperger’s Syndrome
10:23 am, December 8th, 2013
Susan Boyle has been diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome.
The singer, who shot to stardom following a memorable 2009 performance on “Britain’s Got Talent,” says she saw a specialist a year ago and was informed that she has the autistic disorder, which affects her social interaction and communication skills.
Boyle tells The Observer that the diagnosis is a “relief.”
“Some articles have said I have brain damage,” she tells the outlet, adding, “I have always known that I have had an unfair label put upon me.”
The star explains, “Now I have a clearer understanding of what’s wrong and I feel relieved and a bit more relaxed about myself.”
Symptoms have posed problems for Boyle.
“I struggle with relationships,” she admits. “I never know if people are genuine. I would say I have relationship difficulties, communicative difficulties, which lead to a lot of frustration. If people were a bit more patient, that would help.”
But Boyle won’t let her disorder stop her.
“Asperger’s doesn’t define me,” she tells the outlet. “It’s a condition that I have to live with and work through, but I feel more relaxed about myself. People will have a greater understanding of who I am and why I do the things I do.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet