Story that Jay-Z didn’t allow caucasians into VIP area of his party is not white at all
6:18 pm, February 18th, 2010
“Jay-Z Bash Reportedly Refuses White Folk Admittance!!” is the title of another story that Perez Hilton was too busy to fact-check.
“Uh-oh!! This is NOT cool,” writes Perez before claiming Jay-Z ”BANNED white people from going in the VIP area” of a party he hosted.
Actually, what’s NOT cool is repeating allegations without looking into them.
Nevertheless, Perez, who blocks Gossip Cop on Twitter (because he’s afraid of us), goes on to note that after Jay-Z picked up a Brit Award for Best International Male Solo Artist, he threw a party at the Merah club in London, where “African Americans were reportedly let through to (sic) VIP no questions asked, [but] white people were refused admittance.”
So where did “Cop Blocker” Hilton come up with this?
These were comments made by a reporter in the U.K.’s Daily Star, specifically, “It was clear white people were not welcome in his VIP area. While the red rope was lifted for black guests to breeze through, let’s just say it stayed down if your face didn’t fit.”
The Daily Star‘s reporter neglected to mention a few facts that Gossip Cop found out after some investigation.
(1) About 40 percent of the guests in the VIP area were WHITE (there’s even video footage to back it up).
(2) While reporters from other newspapers were invited to Jay-Z’s party, the female reporter who claimed no white people were allowed was actually NOT invited to the party at all, says one of the organizers.
(3) Because that reporter wasn’t invited, she did NOT have the appropriate wristband that security needed to see in order to let her into the VIP area, which is why she – not every white person – was refused entrance.
Gossip Cop is told the reporter repeatedly tried to get into the VIP area, but when she wasn’t allowed in, “she left in a huff,” and had a few choice words for the door staff before leaving and later filing her “white people were not welcome” story.
You see, it was not so black and white after all.
Gossip Cop reached out to the reporter for a comment, but have yet to hear back from her.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for the latest accurate celebrity news.
You might like:
- The Naked Truth: Celebrities Who've Posed Nude
- Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina's Shocking Weight Loss
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties