Stories linking Lindsay Lohan & John Mayer are out of tune
8:15 am, December 2nd, 2009
“It was only a matter of time before these two started hooking up,” writes X17Online about Lindsay Lohan and John Mayer.
The news and photo site, which lifted information from an E! Online report – without any fact-checking – regurgitated how the two stars were at the hip New York lounge Butter on Monday night. Using E! as its starting and ending point, X17 quoted an unnamed source saying, “She would follow his every move,” and added, “They danced and even shared a table!”
Wow — they shared a table! So?
Oh, wait, there was one more thing. One teensy detail that even E! hastily added later, which is that Samantha Ronson was there as well.
So don’t believe any talk of a “hooking up” between Mayer and Lohan.
Lohan herself shot down talk of a romance with Mayer, telling Gossip Cop, “I was there with them both and other friends, too.”
Just yesterday, Gossip Cop listed a slew of fabricated tales about Lohan — guess we need to add another.
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss